Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link

Rainman1966
Level 3

Before sending out the invite to the client I like to add a number of questions to the list, ie: 2021 Economic Impact Payment.  I open the client in link, go to the drop down box next to Add Request.  I select New Template.  How do I save that template so it applies to all link clients.  I do not want to re-type my additional questions for each client.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lbones
Level 5

Link is not the best or very user friendly.  There is a lot of enhancements if Intuit wanted to put the time to it.  Here is what I did to make it a little easier to use the portal.

1 - clicked on firm settings

2 - clicked on request templates

3 - add the additional questions that you want to ask to the Sample Individual Template and saved them one at a time.  Don't know if it necessary to save each time but Link is funky.

4 - when I invite a client, I uncheck the Include questionaire box.

5 - back in link, in client details, I click the drop down arrow next to add request.

6 - click on my saved template and all of the additional questions I want to ask are added to the client.  The ones I don't need or want, I just delete.  It seems to be much quicker for me to do that.

7 - this puts the questions above the documents that I am looking for, such as the W2's etc., so I just go to each of my docs, open it and then save it.  It then puts the docs on top which is where I personally like to to be.

Don't know if this answers your question but I hope it helps a little bit.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
lbones
Level 5

Link is not the best or very user friendly.  There is a lot of enhancements if Intuit wanted to put the time to it.  Here is what I did to make it a little easier to use the portal.

1 - clicked on firm settings

2 - clicked on request templates

3 - add the additional questions that you want to ask to the Sample Individual Template and saved them one at a time.  Don't know if it necessary to save each time but Link is funky.

4 - when I invite a client, I uncheck the Include questionaire box.

5 - back in link, in client details, I click the drop down arrow next to add request.

6 - click on my saved template and all of the additional questions I want to ask are added to the client.  The ones I don't need or want, I just delete.  It seems to be much quicker for me to do that.

7 - this puts the questions above the documents that I am looking for, such as the W2's etc., so I just go to each of my docs, open it and then save it.  It then puts the docs on top which is where I personally like to to be.

Don't know if this answers your question but I hope it helps a little bit.

0 Cheers
Rainman1966
Level 3

Thank you Ibones

You solution solved my dilemma.  I agree, not the easiest system to work with.  We have to remove a lot of the questions in order to make it user friendly for the client.

Thank you for your quick and accurate response.

0 Cheers