Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link Portal - Error message and no documents showing

sessig
Level 2

Hello - Our office began receiving the following error message yesterday (6/1/21) when clicking on a client to view client details/documents.

"Unexpected error. Please refresh the page or try again later."

In addition to this message, no documents appear on the requests page.

We haven't heard any issues from clients yet, so it appears the issue is only on the Accountant side.

Has anyone else encountered this program and know how to fix it?

Thanks!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
lisa10
Level 2

We are also getting that same error. Logged out and back in, closed and re-opened the browser, nothing seems to work. I have been able to get in a few times by just refreshing the page over and over but that isn't reliable either. Hope it's resolved soon!

taxpro2000
Level 3

I'm experiencing the same issue. When I upload documents, it appears they are uploading, but there is a small box next to the name that says "request is locked".

0 Cheers
taxpro2000
Level 3

I called Customer Support regarding this. They are aware of the issue & have been working on it since May 28! No other details on workarounds or expected resolution.

sfmeliss
Level 3

Client is having same issue, any ideas on solution? 

0 Cheers
robacc340
Level 1

How is this still an issue after so long? Is it a browser issue / a server issue ? If this keeps up it looks like another solution is going to be needed next year.

0 Cheers
tripuramallu
Level 1

Strong Advise - "if you are Intuit Link as well Proseries client - then do not create a new profile in Intuit Link"

We had similar issue and Intuit could not solve and do not have no clue of the problem.  But upon internal research at our end - One of the reasons this is happening: we created a client profile on Intuit Link by adding a New Client and sent the invitation.  Client accepted and uploaded the papers.  All good first year.  When in second year - we are pushing Invitation from Proseries and Proseries created a new profile for the same client without looking for existing profile that was already created last year on Intuit Link but with different Auth ID.  So, clients are seeing two profiles in their TO DO List.  Please advise the clients to up load to "Client-Preparer" profile not just "Client" profile.  This is what we are experiencing and hope will help few of you.  

It is also a bug from Intuit that not create two different profiles for the same e-mail ID whether we add a new client from Intuit Link or send from Proseries.

Thanks
Prasada

0 Cheers
taxpro2000
Level 3

Thanks for the help! I appreciate you noting your experience & why this might be happening.

As to the multiple Link accounts with one email address: I have several clients with more than one portal account: one personal & one business/trust/minor child...it gets too confusing to have them all combined in one portal account. They use the same email & login & then select which account to access & want that ability to segregate their activities.

0 Cheers