Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link Copying the prior year requests for the same client

NPChristy
Level 3

I have existing clients that I invited to Intuit Link last year for 2018.  I realize I don't 're-invite' a client from last year, but how can I copy the customized questions and document requests from the prior year to the current tax year? 

I go into the Intuit Link Client overview page for Tax Year 2019.  I click on 'Review' for a client that had accepted their invite for 2018 last year.  There is a blank slate.  I can choose the 'individual Intuit template', but I'd like to copy the client's same specific questions & document requests from the prior year (i.e. W-2 from XYZ co; 1099-Int from ABC Bank; etc).  How do I do this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

The only customization Link provides is a low level proforma of its standard template for Questions and Document Checklists based on each client's prior year data.

You can create your own customized templates but those cannot be automatically individualized the way you described.

The only way to achieve what you want to do is to manually copy and paste from your prior year Questions/Document Checklists.

Understand that's not what you'd like to hear but those are the limitation in Link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

The only customization Link provides is a low level proforma of its standard template for Questions and Document Checklists based on each client's prior year data.

You can create your own customized templates but those cannot be automatically individualized the way you described.

The only way to achieve what you want to do is to manually copy and paste from your prior year Questions/Document Checklists.

Understand that's not what you'd like to hear but those are the limitation in Link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
NPChristy
Level 3

Thank you!  I thought that was going to be the answer, but I was hoping for a secret solution.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @NPChristy!  I think a lot of us wish there were one too.

Happy tax season!

Still an AllStar
CR EA
Level 1

Once you transfer from previous year, it still says they've accepted the invite in Link. 

But...If you look at Proseries however, when you transfer your client files to current year, and open Homebase View: 1040 Individual, there is a Intuit Link column next to their file name. If you click  Invite, it will send a client questionnaire to your client based on last years taxes.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@CR EA  What you described is how Intuit Link works.  Intuit Link would pare down the laundry list of open questions and document checklist to what may be relevant to a particular client but there is no specific in these items and none contains proforma data (like what you'd find in conventional organizers).

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers