Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment Payment

nrb
Level 1

Good morning,

I have a client that changed their mind and wanted to file for an installment payment agreement.  I have already filed their form 1040 online.  Is it possible to file by itself the installment payment agreement after submitting the Form 1040 prior to filing Form 9465(?)

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

No. 

They should go to the IRS website and create a personal account, they can electronically apply for an installment agreement from there.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
nrb
Level 1

Thank you!

abctax55
Level 15

This is NOT the place to find someone to do your taxes.....

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

If your client is not tech savy you can complete the form in their return, print it and have them mail it with the first payment. Be sure they certify and return receipt the mailing through USPS.

taxes96786
Level 9

Pardon my confusion...to whom are you addressing your post? I did not see any post asking for a preparer.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@taxes96786 

Laura... if you are talking to me...  you can type @ and it'll bring up a list of posters names.  You can then select the poster you are trying to reply to.  

You don't see them NOW, because they were reported to a moderator and were deleted.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
taxes96786
Level 9

@abctax55 

apologize for not being able to find how to use @ by searching the help file. With your assistance I have figured this out and I thank you. I will use this as needed in the future.

0 Cheers