Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

Highlighted
Level 2

Just bit the bullet and bought a new laptop to replace my old windows 7.  Installer won't install -- it says I need Windows 8 or better, but my new laptop has Windows 10.  What's up?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Its 64bit, right?    I would think any new computer would be, but Right click the Start button and choose System    does it say 64bit?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 2

Yes, i have 64-bit.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I know Ive seen other people that get that message, I cant remember ever seeing what the fix was though.

@IntuitAustin  I know weve seen this, theres gotta be a reason and a fix for it!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

I checked with support and for this, they advised that you reach out to them to diagnose this issue better. Something is not right there. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I did a little more digging.  It seems to be a problem with some of Microsoft's Windows Operating System files (Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86 redistributable).  A bunch of the suggestions said to find the files and uninstall them, but I was really freaked out about uninstalling stuff from my brand new laptop.  Then I found and performed the following suggestion: 
1.  Click Add or Remove programs
2.  Find and select all Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86 redistributable files.

3.  Click Uninstall, but then right before the last button to actually uninstall, there is a repair button.  Click that, restart your 
computer, and then you should be able to install ProSeries.

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Thanks for the update Danny!

0 Cheers