Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation gets to installing entitlement client and this error code returned was :1601

mance121
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
abctax55
Level 15

What's an "entitlement" client?

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
qbteachmt
Level 15

It's how Intuit tracks the licensing for their programs.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/license-information/help/installing-or-repairing-the-intuit-...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
abctax55
Level 15

35 + years of using Lacerte and I have *never* heard of 'entitlement' client 😉

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
George4Tacks
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

35 + years of using Lacerte and I have *never* heard of 'entitlement' client 😉

Me neither! I found this interesting tidbit (including the typo)

"Intuit Entitlement Client is a program developed by Intuit. The setup package is about 4.56 MB (4,781,056 bytes) when donwloaded. In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows 7 (SP1) as well as Windows 10. While about 100% of users of Intuit Entitlement Client come from the United States, it is also popular in Australia and United Kingdom. "

I looked in my apps and could not find any entitlement. I guess I am just a commoner.

ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

It's not an App or program. It's an ".ecml" filetype, sort of like holding a Cookie from your web browsing is used for tracking purposes. You would not have this if you use cloud; it tracks for the locally installed programs. QB has it, too. So does DMS.

You can search the web:

proseries entitlement

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
RickOrMary
Level 2

If you try to install Proseries into any directory except c:\ProWinYY (where YY=year) then your install will fail with "There was a problem installing Entitlement Client", Error 1619 or 1601.  No one in tech support will be able to help you; they will claim there is some problem with your hardware or operating system.  I believe the problem occurs because the Entitlement Client has this particular directory hard-coded, so when it tries to read from itself in this directory, it can't find itself.  This has been an installation bug for several years and has cost me a lot of time to figure out on my own.

0 Cheers