Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inherited property

rivkah
Level 3

Okay   I am having a mental block...

In prior years I reported inherited residential property as long term gain, form 8949, Part II, for long term sale (not stocks/bonds. etc)

But, for 2020, I seem unable to locate the correct section where to report this sale, reported on a 1099-S. No longer does it appear appropriate on form 8949, which only seems to referrance 1099B sales.

Help!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobKamman
Level 15

Use the 1099-B worksheet, which I open from Schedule D (might be faster way to find it).  Scroll down beneath where 95% of the data is entered for "covered" transactions and enter the sale there.  There's even a box to check to show that it's NOT reported on a 1099-B.  (Sort of like, the way to Stop your computer is to click on Start.)

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
BobKamman
Level 15

Use the 1099-B worksheet, which I open from Schedule D (might be faster way to find it).  Scroll down beneath where 95% of the data is entered for "covered" transactions and enter the sale there.  There's even a box to check to show that it's NOT reported on a 1099-B.  (Sort of like, the way to Stop your computer is to click on Start.)

rivkah
Level 3

thank you