Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indiana local income tax on 1099-g

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

client drew unemployment in Indiana. got the 1099-G, which has Fed, State, and Local income taxes withheld.  Inputing same in ProSeries, but  when I  enter the amount of Local Income Tax Withheld(line 13 of the 1099-G worksheet), it gives me the error message "Local withholding code must be entered if local tax withheld"

And i have tried both C13 and just plain 13 on line 12a "Locality Name" (for Crawford County) and I still get the error message. Ironically, when I go to the Indiana Return, it IS including the amount from line 13 in the total Indiana payments, even as the error code pops up on the Federal input sheet. 

Any ideas?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitCharlene

This issue has been reported to development. 

It looks like the local withholding is flowing to the IT-40 line 12 so the calculation should be correct on the state return. 

If this error on the 1099-G worksheet is the only error in the return you can attempt to disable the error checking to see if the return will go through. This article shows you how: 

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606821-turning-off-disabling-conversion-error-che...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
IntuitCharlene

This issue has been reported to development. 

It looks like the local withholding is flowing to the IT-40 line 12 so the calculation should be correct on the state return. 

If this error on the 1099-G worksheet is the only error in the return you can attempt to disable the error checking to see if the return will go through. This article shows you how: 

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606821-turning-off-disabling-conversion-error-che...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10
Thank You!
If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers