Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In 2018, 1099-R did not show on 1040 line 4a

bardilltaxes
Level 2

I got a cp2000 letter from the IRS

In 2018 I had 4 1099-R's

3 were regular retirement payments dist code 2

1 was fron an ira w/d dist code 1 for $10,000

this one did not get added to line 4a of 1040

any help why this would happen???

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS changed what appears on Line 4a (if the gross and taxable amount for an IRA dist was the same, it didnt appear on Line 4a, only 4b), but I dont think thats where your issue lies.... what showed on Line 4b?  Thats the taxable amount.

Did you have basis for the IRA (that was previously non deductible) that reduced the taxable portion?

Youre going to have to follow the money, look at your 1099R worksheets and the IRA worksheet and see what happened that didnt put the correct amount on Line 4b.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
bardilltaxes
Level 2

4a was 48,822....should have been 58,820

line 4b has 30,463

IRS claims 58,820 taxable

they added 28,357

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

What was on line 4a doesn't mean diddly.  How much of the total distributions were actually taxable?  Does the IRS show the correct taxable amounts?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont think anyone here can help with this, YOU need to go back into the 2018 program and see what happened with your 1099R worksheets and what transferred to where.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
bardilltaxes
Level 2

ok thanks for the help everyone