Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing multiples scanned w2s

Digital137
Level 2

why I cannot import multiples scanned w2s into proseries for MFJ? When trying to import the second scanned w2 of the spouse into proseries it just keeps overwriting the first scanned w2 of the taxpayer when it should create two separately w2 form one for the taxpayer and another for the spouse. 

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Most of us have found that entering them yourself saves more time that futzing around with importing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Digital137
Level 2

Understood but we pay additional for this add-on 

0 Cheers
Digital137
Level 2

Also, as a first time user of proseries coming from Drake I'm very disappointed with intuit costumer services 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you joined the ProSeries group over in Facebook?  You will cast a wider net of people over there, maybe someone has a few tricks to help with this. 

Ive personally never tried to import anything, I have trust issues with technology and it would take me longer to verify that everything imported correctly, than to just enter it myself.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Digital137
Level 2

Thanks will try that now 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Welcome to the club. Although yesterday, a guy named Earl in Support was getting multiple kudos.

But usually support sucks. That's why we have this place.

Ex-AllStar
ljr
Level 8

I have the same trust issues as Lisa does. I'm faster entering it myself and I would have to check each scan anyway so no time savings. And I certainly wouldn't pay extra for it. 

Digital137
Level 2

I didn't want to mention it but as a tax professional coming from Drake, Proseries customers service support has a lot of catching up to do!

sjrcpa
Level 15

I understand Drake support is good, but that users need a lot of it.

Ex-AllStar
Digital137
Level 2

Just like I'm right now and pro series customers services keeps hanging up on me because no one knows the answer. 

0 Cheers