Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing client data converted from another software

Ebrahim_CPA
Level 1

Greetings;

I am using PS 2019 for the first time. I have converted 2018 client data form the previous software and uploaded it to PS months ago following their instructions. 

Do we now when this converted data will be available to import?  PS is saying during January 2020 with no specific date. 

Thanks 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
Ebrahim_CPA
Level 1

Thanks but that is not my question. 

Last year 2018, i was using TaxWise not PS. I have exported the 2018 TW data and uploaded it into the PS system as they requested months ago for processing. Now, i need to import the processed data into my newly installed 2019 PS software. Thanks 

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Are you saying that you converted from 2018 Tax Wise to 2018 ProSeries. if that is the case you open 2019 ProSeries, and click on file, then transfer, then transfer clients. Not sure if that is what you are saying when you say uploaded into the PS system. 

George4Tacks
Level 15
The import is into 2018 ProSeries and you do everything from there.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Terry is correct.  Once you converted (uploaded) 2018 Taxwise into Proseries 2018 you simply need to transfer from 2018 to 2019 Proseries.  It is now a transfer not an upload.  This can be done any time.  I would just roll over a few or just as needed as sometimes bugs happen in early January in the transfer process.  Which is probably why Intuit told you to wait till January to transfer files.  I hope everything updated correctly from Taxwise and I wish you luck.

itonewbie
Level 15

You may already be aware but conversion to PS has its limits, depending on the type of return it is, as the objective is not to replicate the returns you have in TW.  If you have not already, you should read this article and understand what converts, what doesn't, what level of review may be required, and how all these could impact the proforma of your clients' organizers as well as TY2019 returns who you roll over the data.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/taxwise-to-proseries-converted-items/00/5...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Ebrahim_CPA
Level 1

I am converting from 2018 TW to 2019 PS. PS gave me some instructions few months ago to export 2018 TW and send it to them for conversion. The converted 2018 TW files are supposed to be available for importing into my new PS software sometime this month. I just do not know when they will be available and how exactly to import them into my PS software. 

Thanks 

0 Cheers