Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If WI does not recognize an attached pdf for another state, how do I file the return?

LS5
Level 1
I clearly attached the required other state return, and it shows as an attachment on the EF Center page, but it "failed final review" and says the attachment is necessary.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
PATAX
Level 15

You may have to mail the return with all the necessary attachments if the state cannot access the PDF file... Just my opinion

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

Did you attach it from within the State module or Federal? Attach it within the State Return side.

0 Cheers
LS5
Level 1

I did that, and it shows as attached on the state information worksheet, and it shows in the home base view as being attached, but when I try to efile, it says there is an error and I must attach the copy.

0 Cheers
sewcpa
Level 5

When attaching the pdf it defaults to type: other;  then you type a description/form

Try looking at the other choices for type - should be "another state return"  Using that it should recognize that it is attached

Good luck

0 Cheers
1970beep
Level 2

I just had this problem as well. Remove your attachment and then reattach it but when the pull down list appears for "type" do not click other but instead go all the way to the top where it says "OS Tax Return"

This solved the issue for me and I was able to efile the Wisconsin return

Good luck

0 Cheers