Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If the California form 3849 being populated correctly?

Paperworks
Level 2

I have a client that would have owed $11,000 worth of PTC, but now it has been suspended.  My concern now is the California return shows a large refund from form 3849 of $8000.  This does not seem correct because client has not paid anything into the health insurance.  Has anyone else come across this problem?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

It's likely correct assuming you've entered everything correctly.  My largest one so far is $ 25,000 +/-.

Check out Spidell's message board for many conversations on the subject.

https://www.caltax.com/forums/forum/message-board/

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
qbteachmt
Level 15

Since you stated they didn't pay anything, are you asking about APAS? Is Form 3895 box “Repayment cap may not apply” checked?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

It's likely correct assuming you've entered everything correctly.  My largest one so far is $ 25,000 +/-.

Check out Spidell's message board for many conversations on the subject.

https://www.caltax.com/forums/forum/message-board/

( Generic Comment )"
Paperworks
Level 2

No, not the APAS. I'm saying they didn't not pay premiums at all and because they made too much income, they would of had to pay the entire amount back to IRS except IRS did the suspension.  I just don't understand why California is giving them the credit, except for the maybe the form 3895 is using the numbers on the 8962 and assuming the taxpayer is paying back all the premium?  

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

DID you go to the link provided, and read the posts on the Spidell message board?

You'll see that many have posted on the issue.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive had several of these, seemed funky to me as well, but CA paid out the refunds, no problem.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Paperworks
Level 2

Yes, I did.  Thank you.

0 Cheers