Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not want the return to print in Filing Copy if the return is e-filed. If I mark "never" for each form then what happens when I have to mail a return?

Kim-Neely--EA
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TAXOH
Level 11

When you go to print a return just make sure filing copy is not checked and it won't print.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
TAXOH
Level 11

When you go to print a return just make sure filing copy is not checked and it won't print.

0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
Really?  That was not a helpful answer?
0 Cheers
Kim-Neely--EA
Level 2
I would like the Filing copy to be filing instructions, signature pages and vouchers only when it is an efile return.  I was able to set it that way with prior software.  If its mailed in then it will print all of the appropriate forms.
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
Why not print it to PDF and then print out of PDF the pages you want?
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Should've led with that instead of the vague question you posted.
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
If it worked in the past and is not working the same way now I would call support at 1-800-434-6818 so they can document it.
0 Cheers
Kim-Neely--EA
Level 2
wow harsh crowd...I am just trying to find functionality I had with prior software.  I really don't want to manually fix a .pdf for each client.  I am working on print signature pages to see if I can add the items I need
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
I do not use Client Copy or Preparer Copy.  if you have 1 of those unused, you can customize that 1 as you wish
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
Kim: Why would you not print a filing copy for the client?
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
"wow harsh crowd"  We are fellow Users of a buggy product, trying to help each other because it is the best way to get answers.  Let's all try to be nice... and appreciative
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
@Kim Neely, EA in printing options under filing copy cant you select never for those forms you dont want? Thats where I go to customize what I want printed for client copy.

I can understand functionality as I am having a problem with Homebase and something I've done for YEARS.

Oh, you are a new user of PS?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I wouldn't change the Control Which Forms Print....will it even let you choose Never on the Filing Copy?

Mark your boxes like this, and then only the Preparer and Client copy will print, Print an entire return without using Print Preview and those settings will stay until you change them and print an entire return again.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
she might be referring to print options under filing-client-preparer copy and clicking only specific items she wants printed out for filing copy.

But if client paper files, you'd have to manually change back.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
right, and that seems like a hassle...if you just don't want it to print when you hit print return, then changing it in the screen I showed should work....if you set something to never, you'll be staring at a quiet printer if you try to print it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
hmmm....you could do that. You could also do as @Marc.TaxMan suggested and use client or preparer copy to do what she is looking to do. Im assuming the bulk of the returns would go Efile so she could use Client and preparer copy for her needs. Then when there is a paper mail return, you could switch over from preparer to filing? That would do the trick.
0 Cheers