Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was overcharge for my 2021 software and I can't reach anyone in billing to help fix the problem.

Frank Broadway
Level 3

I did the early renewal earlier in the year based on a quote I received in the mail from Intuit and chose the deferral option. I have done this same process for several years now. After my software was ready to download, I received an emailed invoice overcharging my renewal quote by more than $2,300.00. I called customer support, and the representative I spoke to did not have any ability to resolve my problem. The rep contacted the billing department, but I was not allowed to talk to the person she was speaking with directly. I told the representative I wanted to cancel the deferral and not use Proseries if they could not correct the billing issue. She said she could only request a callback, and maybe someone would call me back tomorrow.

I'm done using Intuit products unless I can get this fixed in a reasonable timeframe. If you can't trust Intuit's billing, it's too risky to purchase their software.

What else can I do to reach someone that can help me?

Tax Pro since 1993!
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

@IntuitGabi 

Can you help make an unhappy user happy again?

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Frank Broadway wrote:

I'm done using Intuit products unless I can get this fixed in a reasonable timeframe. If you can't trust Intuit's billing, it's too risky to purchase their software.

Based on that statement ...

Many people like Drake.  It is lower cost, but is more 'clunky', slightly less automated (but has a nice "Macro" featur) and has a completely different workflow.  Unlike Intuit, the company cares about its customers

TaxAct Professional and ATX has similar data-entry to ProSeries, but is slightly less automated.  Generally costs less than ProSeries.

UltraTax has a lot of feature and capabilities.  But the data-entry is completely different and it is significantly more expensive.

trojancpa
Level 1

Hi Frank,

I'm in a similar situation trying to get a minor upcharge refunded from my 2022 invoice and now 2023 renewal invoice for Lacerte. I cannot get anyone competent within Intuit to do anything. Any suggestions from your experience?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I cannot get anyone competent within Intuit"

Yeah, that can be a challenge.

Slava Ukraini!