Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the crashing when printing to end

DennisJ
Level 1

every other return crashes. It's very annoying and unproductive. How does it get fixed

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I was in a similar situation last week, heres what I did to get by until they find whats really happening and fix it.

I dont have any help for the 32bit computers, Im on 64bit, I was crash free and able to print fine once  I uninstalled the 1040NR, 1065, 1120, 1120s and 1041.

Once I reinstalled the 1065 and 1041, I don't crash, but I cant always print either...the print box opens and shuts and no printer icon appears in the systray...its like it just prints to nowhere land, when this happens I can still print to PDF, then I open the file outside of ProSeries and can print it without any problem.

If you want to try uninstalling some of your unused modules, here are the instructions.  You wont lose any client files!

Win 10  Right click the Start button > Settings > Apps   scroll down the list to Proseries 2018, click Uninstall It will act like its going to uninstall the whole program, dont panic, it wont!   Another window opens with a list of modules to uninstall, choose the one you can live without for awhile.  Now power off your computer and printer and fire it all back up.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I was in a similar situation last week, heres what I did to get by until they find whats really happening and fix it.

I dont have any help for the 32bit computers, Im on 64bit, I was crash free and able to print fine once  I uninstalled the 1040NR, 1065, 1120, 1120s and 1041.

Once I reinstalled the 1065 and 1041, I don't crash, but I cant always print either...the print box opens and shuts and no printer icon appears in the systray...its like it just prints to nowhere land, when this happens I can still print to PDF, then I open the file outside of ProSeries and can print it without any problem.

If you want to try uninstalling some of your unused modules, here are the instructions.  You wont lose any client files!

Win 10  Right click the Start button > Settings > Apps   scroll down the list to Proseries 2018, click Uninstall It will act like its going to uninstall the whole program, dont panic, it wont!   Another window opens with a list of modules to uninstall, choose the one you can live without for awhile.  Now power off your computer and printer and fire it all back up.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9

Should be fixed tomorrow.  If you don't want to wait search the forum for a solution based off of if you are Windows 7 or Windows 10.

0 Cheers