Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to thank the person who came to my defense when I asked about the form 2106. You are so right that we all do not know all the answers about taxes.

elaine63
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I absolutely agree that we all don't all know everything about taxes.....well maybe a few people in here might (you know who you are! LOL), I certainly don't!  But I always do some research to find my answer before posting here.   

This was one of the big things that changed with the TCJA for 2018, and any continuing education you attended during the year to prepare for the 2018 tax season would have certainly gone over it in detail...if they didn't you should ask for a refund.   

At the very least, you should printout or have a bookmark to IRS Pub 17 https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p17.pdf  Its got all the basics you might need to know for individual tax returns and its FREE!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I absolutely agree that we all don't all know everything about taxes.....well maybe a few people in here might (you know who you are! LOL), I certainly don't!  But I always do some research to find my answer before posting here.   

This was one of the big things that changed with the TCJA for 2018, and any continuing education you attended during the year to prepare for the 2018 tax season would have certainly gone over it in detail...if they didn't you should ask for a refund.   

At the very least, you should printout or have a bookmark to IRS Pub 17 https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p17.pdf  Its got all the basics you might need to know for individual tax returns and its FREE!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

None of us know *everything*.

Most of us DO a LOT of continuing education to keep up with the tax law changes.

I'm going to just leave it at that.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm not sure who that was, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know everything about taxes. 🙂

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
But he DOES know everything worth knowing about lutefisk....not that there IS much worth knowing.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I know even more than I want to know about lutefisk :fish::fish:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers