Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 7th - haven't received dvd for 2018 yet Shipping date was supposed to be week of Nov 28.

suesue1
Level 3

Shipping date for DVD 2018 program. Was informed shipping date was week of November 28. ??

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually, it's December 6th today.  Usually when most people say "the week of" they start with a Monday, not a Wednesday like Intuit is showing.  So I don't know if they starting shipping some out on Wednesday, or if the waited until Friday.  In either case, I'm sure they didn't clear out their whole warehouse in one day so they could still be packaging them up and if you allow for a day or two or three for shipping, they aren't really too delinquent yet.  You can always try calling customer service to see if yours has indeed been shipped or if they are waiting for Santa to pull up with his sleigh to save a couple of bucks on shipping costs.  In the meantime, have you tried downloading it either from your 2017 program link or from your Intuit account?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
22 Comments 22
IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually, it's December 6th today.  Usually when most people say "the week of" they start with a Monday, not a Wednesday like Intuit is showing.  So I don't know if they starting shipping some out on Wednesday, or if the waited until Friday.  In either case, I'm sure they didn't clear out their whole warehouse in one day so they could still be packaging them up and if you allow for a day or two or three for shipping, they aren't really too delinquent yet.  You can always try calling customer service to see if yours has indeed been shipped or if they are waiting for Santa to pull up with his sleigh to save a couple of bucks on shipping costs.  In the meantime, have you tried downloading it either from your 2017 program link or from your Intuit account?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I just received an email today stating mine is to be shipped today. Check your emails and I'd bet you should've gotten one. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I haven't received an e-mail or the disc yet, but the early version isn't much good except for playing frisbee in the office.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
C'mon over sir and bring some suds and will toss that disc around!!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I'll referee.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
PARTY TIME!! :sunglasses: :beers: :minidisc: :laughing:
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
I'm bored.  Can I come, too?
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
sure, you can pass out the cocktails!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
But all I see is beer....I only drink beer with pizza.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hi Suesue, based off of your login I checked your account information and your renewal order processed as it was supposed to but agree, doesn't appear that your cd has yet shipped, as suggested, I would advise that you check email confirmations and expect a disc to get shipped in the next 7-10 biz days at most.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Don't you have to pay sales tax if you get the CD shipped to you...how unethical is THAT !?  /s

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
@suesue1  - sorry to hijack your thread.  I'm picking on someone for a different post made yesterday.
Hope your CD's show up soon :smile:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Minnesota charges sales tax for both physical CDs and for digital downloads.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Wow! I am glad I live in CA - No sales tax on download and it is much warmer.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I’ll pay the sales tax and skip the wildfires - it all balances out in the long run.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Warmer climates! Yes! Its freezing ass in Chicago today!!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
26 degrees right now, here in *warm* Lake Tahoe, California :wink::wink:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Good old California. We have everything. Fires, Floods, Earthquakes, Surf, Snow, Redwoods, Desert, Traffic, Lakes, Rivers, Politics. Sales Tax on weird things and different rates in every city, Non Compliance ...

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
And generally all these options are no more than two hours apart.  Ski in the a.m., surf in the afternoon.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Some even do the surf and ski in the same clothing.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I've seen it, spring skiing in bikinis.  Hilarious.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Hahaha!! Skiing bikinis? I think I've seen the young gals do this.

We in Chicago have some definite weird taxes as well. We have a bag tax and just recently we passed an amusement tax on Playstation gamers.
0 Cheers