Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a client with about 150 stock sales. I am using ProSeries Basic. Is there an easy way to report the sales without typing in the details one by one?

jillr
Level 1

There are 150 sales, but about 50 if you just count the subtotals. The broker is Apex Clearing--no upload capability.  Is there an easy way to report the sales or do I have to type in the data?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Enter totals x 4:

Short term covered / short term uncovered  -  scan & attach

Long term covered / short term covered -  I scan & attach these too, altho if *covered* you supposedly don't have to.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
abctax55
Level 15

Enter totals x 4:

Short term covered / short term uncovered  -  scan & attach

Long term covered / short term covered -  I scan & attach these too, altho if *covered* you supposedly don't have to.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I'm a rebel, I don't attach anything.  As long as the gross proceeds match, there wont be any CP2000, and nobody is going to look at those attachments.

I did attach an 8949 from Cointracker for crypto currency transactions, since it didn't come from a brokerage and I summarized on Sch D.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
F I N E.....I'll come visit you in jail (where Timmy will be too) & bring a cake with a file in it.  :joy:

I do attach, but I agree with you.  NO ONE is looking at them; years ago before you could scan/attach I would say I was gonna' mail & more than one got *forgotten* (I'd find them in the file the following year...).  Never heard a peep from the IRS.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
I forgot some of those, too. Nowadays you don't have to attach the covered ones.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I used to send them in by mail back in the days when the brokerage reports rarely included the basis and people were bringing in their own hand written worksheets showing their buys.  Once the brokerages started including basis, I stopped mailing them and I've never attached one, except for that crypto one.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I used to send them in by mail back in the days when the brokerage reports rarely included the basis and people were bringing in their own hand written worksheets showing their buys.  Once the brokerages started including basis, I stopped mailing them and I've never attached one, except for that crypto one.

I always felt bad for the person that had to open all those envelopes and scan them in for nobody to ever look at them again.

0 Cheers
jillr
Level 1
Thanks for the great advice! This saves me a ton of time.
0 Cheers