Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think there is an 8867 issue when head of household only.

TAXOH
Level 11
I did a return this morning for a divorced mother that has a son that lives with her but it is her exes year to claim him.   The 8867 was not listed as a form in use.  When I ran the final review, it showed up as a diagnostic but not a critical error that would prevent you from efiling.  I had to manually pull up the 8867 and fill out for head of household due diligence.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matt105
Level 4
We are getting this reported to development.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
Ernie
Level 9
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) @Matt105 could you review this and get a request in?
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Saw this on the FB page, hadn't had a chance to review yet, let me see what i can find out
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
Thanks Ashley
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Funny, since I just saw the yellow banner alert pop up about the updates to the 8867 when I opened the program.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1670953-form-8867-preparer-s-due-diligence-checkli...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
When I updated this morning and there weren't any for the 1040.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It whisks away the update window down to the task bar, I hate having to chase it down and open it up again...I like to watch whats updating too!

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
I could see mine and it only updated 1065 this morning when I did it.
0 Cheers
WTSAbe
Level 3
If they don't get any credits are you even suppose to fill out the 8867 for them.  I saw this problem a last week but assume the program didn't bring it up because she didn't get any credits.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Head of Household requires the 8867 to be filled out as well, it should flag as a required form when the client is filing HOH.

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
Thanks Matt
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
Thanks Matt
0 Cheers
Matt105
Level 4
We are getting this reported to development.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
0 Cheers