Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think people have asked about this before, but I dont know if we ever got an answer

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The autofill descriptions list, like for interest or dividends, is there a way to scrub that list clean and start over? 

Ive got a bunch of bad misspelled typos that got saved in there and they keep tripping me up...seems like there would be a file we could delete and let it regenerate empty and we can fill back up again.

Ideally Id like the descriptions to be saved per client, since many times I add an account number on the line...but I know thats not an option.

The ability to access this list and remove the junk would be great too. But Id settle for just starting the whole thing from blank each year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Just-Lisa-Now- It's the SpeedEntry.json file in ProWin21\appdata. You can delete the file and it will automatically regenerate.

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Is this it

Tools>Options>Employer/Payer Database

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Just-Lisa-Now- It's the SpeedEntry.json file in ProWin21\appdata. You can delete the file and it will automatically regenerate.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Are you referring to the autofill system that seems to remember mispelled names better than the correct names? 😬

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IntuitAngela_13 wrote:

Thank you!

Do you happen to know if there is a way that we are able to "edit" that to only delete certain things?  Or is it not editable?

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

Yes, you can open the file in Notepad, make edits and save if you don't want to start from scratch.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Thanks again!

PATAX
Level 15

Auto fill doesn't seem to be working for me this year. Oh well.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

THANK YOU!!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

Happy to help! 😊

0 Cheers