Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I still cannot e-file any return does anybody know when I can or there something wrong with ProSeries. It's 02/05/20

PerBene
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4SitePlus
Level 1

TAX EXTENDERS were finally signed into law late in December.  Consequently PROSERIES and likely every other tax prep platform has been trying to make necessary updates to assure the integrity and reliability of 2019 returns.  Imagine the number of revisions, updates, testing, etc to assure we prepare complete accurate and reliable returns.  So much for TIMELY.  Better to get it right, than rush to file, only to later learn of the need to amend, or worse your client receives an IRS adjustment.

On Dec. 20, 2019, President Donald J. Trump signed into law H.R. 1865, the “Further Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020,” an omnibus spending package that included a division titled the “Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Relief Act of 2019” (the Tax Act). Title I of the Tax Act provides for the extension of certain expiring tax provisions. Such extenders are generally broken into four categories: tax relief and support for families and individuals (families and individuals); incentives for employment, economic growth, and community development (economic development); incentives for energy production, efficiency and green economy jobs (energy); and certain other provisions expiring at the end of 2019 (other provisions). 

Tax Extender Full article 

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yup, it's broken but I haven't heard about the fix yet.  Stay tuned.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
taxprovixsen
Level 1

I am also unable to efile any return

0 Cheers
narvaezjus
Level 1

I've done all updates and still no luck with e-filing. Ugh this is very inconvenient. Please fix the issue as soon as possible. Thank you. 

0 Cheers
4SitePlus
Level 1

TAX EXTENDERS were finally signed into law late in December.  Consequently PROSERIES and likely every other tax prep platform has been trying to make necessary updates to assure the integrity and reliability of 2019 returns.  Imagine the number of revisions, updates, testing, etc to assure we prepare complete accurate and reliable returns.  So much for TIMELY.  Better to get it right, than rush to file, only to later learn of the need to amend, or worse your client receives an IRS adjustment.

On Dec. 20, 2019, President Donald J. Trump signed into law H.R. 1865, the “Further Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020,” an omnibus spending package that included a division titled the “Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Relief Act of 2019” (the Tax Act). Title I of the Tax Act provides for the extension of certain expiring tax provisions. Such extenders are generally broken into four categories: tax relief and support for families and individuals (families and individuals); incentives for employment, economic growth, and community development (economic development); incentives for energy production, efficiency and green economy jobs (energy); and certain other provisions expiring at the end of 2019 (other provisions). 

Tax Extender Full article 

PerBene
Level 2

Thanks I thought it was happening to me only. 

0 Cheers