Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I retired in 2021 and receive social security benefits. My wife receives W2 wages. I thought only my earnings would be included to determine taxable SS benefits,

nicknish7
Level 1
Intuit is including my wife's wages when calculating what portion of my SS benefits are taxable .
0 Cheers
21 Comments 21
IRonMaN
Level 15

Intuit is correct

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

There is a Social Security Benefits Worksheet that will show you how the taxable portion is calculated.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think you may be in the wrong place...this forum is for tax professionals using Intuit's professional tax software, it appears you may be looking for DIY help.

Please visit the TurboTax Help site for DIY support, they may be able to help you.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually this place is for anyone that has a keyboard and internet access.  It's just a matter of whether or not a tax professional wishes to answer the question.  Because of my great love of Intuit, I had to defend their honor and acknowledge that they are making a correct computation.

@dkh  - can you remind me how to get that sarcasm font to work? 😜

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

yes, @George4Tacks  says  SimSun is the official sarcasm font     You can select that font in the options above your Reply to Message box..... first capital A with a drop down

Because I was sure you were serious when you asked for help...😁

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks, but now that I think it, I don't really need that font ----------------------- everything that I post here is sarcasm -------------- everybody should know that by now 😃

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Intuit is including my wife's wages"

Intuit is the Company that sells tax preparation programs.To clarify:

Your username here also can be used at the TurboTax forum, and that is where you would go if you are using TurboTax, so that you are in the right community for the tool you are using.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I answered Nick 5 hours ago, why are we still trying to shoo him away?

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

@nicknish7 Congratulations on your retirement.  FYI, I said the same to nicknish 6.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

BTW, I came here because @IRonMaN and @Just-Lisa-Now-  are here...

IRonMaN
Level 15

I was retired from this place but I came back once I heard Nick was here.

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

6 or 7?

IRonMaN
Level 15

1 through 7

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@joshuabarksatlcs wrote:

BTW, I came here because @IRonMaN and @Just-Lisa-Now-  are here...

well thanks a lot for not mentioning me.......     

IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually, I'm here for the free pizza.  Does anybody know what time it is arriving?

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Does anybody know what time it is arriving?

@dkh knows.  (See?  I saved the best spot for you, dkh)

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, if she knows, that's why I am here.  So technically, I'm here because @dkh is here.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I feel better now...thanks 😏

dkh
Level 15

Sorry, due to staffing shortages caused by covid, no one answered the phone to take the pizza order

I feel better now...thanks 

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Likewise, by the Principle of Mathematical Reduction, I came here also because @dkh was here... 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I would come here more often if she would have been able to get a hold of the pizza people.  If we call support, can they fix the pizza shortage?

Slava Ukraini!