Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to print and mail NJ business return because of efile reject. Return comes out with watermark indicating reference copy. How do I fix this?

nancyb1209
Level 2

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

You probably have a check mark for the watermark in the filing copy. If not,, are you printing the filing copy?

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
joggergirl
Level 1

I am printing the file copy with no box checked for the watermark.  Still get it........

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Intuit needs to fix this . It's about time.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
JH6
Employee
Employee

Hi, there is "REFERENCE ONLY" watermark on NJ corporation forms. They are the watermark that agency added because NJ requires them to be filed electronically. To help with troubleshooting, can you please share what reject error you got? Thanks.  

0 Cheers
joggergirl
Level 1

Both federal and state were rejected.  Returns were filed 5/25 but I didn't notice the IRS reject until last week. It said: "The return type indicated in the return header must match the return type established with the IRS for the EIN." This reject is common when a corp or s-corp is filed for first time.  Call the IRS e-file helpdesk.

This was the second year of filing as s-corp and had no problems for 2019.  I tried efiling again but helpdesk said system is down until  1/8 (maybe) so still says "received by Intuit."  I'm still hoping helpdesk can resolve when system reopens but am preparing for manual filing if absolutely necessary.  Federal prints out fine but state is a problem.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

When efiling reopens, try efiling NJ by itself if federal won't go through.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
joggergirl
Level 1

Yes, I was thinking of that as well.  I hope system opens soon

0 Cheers
JH6
Employee
Employee

IRS will begin accepting business tax returns at 9 a.m. Eastern on January 7, 2022. If the current status is "Received by Intuit" Please wait for 1/7 and see if it goes through. Otherwise please re-transmit on 1/7. If you receive the same reject error, please post it here and I will help you with it.  (https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USIRS/bulletins/303cf5c). 

Romanh
Level 2

Were you able to find solution on printing NJ business return?

I have the same issue.

NJ return gets rejected because Fed got rejected.  I sent printed copy to Federal however can't do it with NJ because is marked "Reference only".

0 Cheers
Romanh
Level 2

I believe you have to manually file on State of NJ Website.  

0 Cheers