Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a way to remove the bogus $19.95 technology fee from RT applications.

robertw284
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

That’s easy - don’t use the service.  As a side note, that is the only way.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
20 Comments 20
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
here we go again...you may want to search this board for many of the other posts about this fee.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
cafrubcan
Level 1
yeah they dont said anithing about this fee, im super desagree because they charge us for "trasmit" the secure taxes.. and know... the client need to paid too... thats no f...you suppose to said that before we renew the sofware... and you do that but  why you dont put the sheet to we can offer to the client the loan... or rapid refund 24 hour for the clients...
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Those of us that don't use the option seem to find the fees quite easily.  Why is it those that are using it can't seem to find them?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
English Proverb
"...there are none so blind as those who will not see"   Understanding cannot be forced on someone who chooses to be ignorant.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
What language is cafrubcan typing?
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

That’s easy - don’t use the service.  As a side note, that is the only way.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Why the returns are not going through? Today is the 28th, is there a problem?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The 28th isn't over yet.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
@pierreassociates - what the hell does YOUR question have to do with this thread?
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I am confused. It clearly states the total cost on the website https://proconnect.intuit.com/pay-by-refund/ $59.90  The only fine print is the breakdown of the fee, which is "The $59.90 Pay-by-Refund fee is made up of a $39.95 Bank Fee and a $19.95 Technology fee" Nothing really hidden. The only bogus thing is that prepares are now complaining about the full disclosure of the parts of that $59.90 when they (or their client) gets the bill. My interpretation is that the bank gets $39.95. ProSeries gets $19.95, the client gets some additional protections and the preparer gets their payment more securely. I am confused as to what is bogus. 

IronMan gave the most correct answer I have seen for any of these posts. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TUCHILLY
Level 2
I saw this the other day and after calling proseries I knew less then before I called.  My understanding is we CAN NOT opt out.  It protects people from identity theft.  My question is if we file a return and it comes back rejected because id theft how can the client get the protection if the return got rejected and therefore proseries did not collect the fees?  Such a money grab!  I purchased Drake software this year for 330.00 to try as I use proseries for the year.  Proseries has gotten expensive, they charge for anything and everything they can, and then invent new ones like the TECHNOLOGY fee.  Besides that the customer service is horrible and all they do is ask a question and put us on hold to get the answer.  I called Drake a few times to test the customer service and they are on the phone within 3 rings.  
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So how's Drake working for you? Do you like it?

0 Cheers
finetta0911
Level 1
Beware TUCHILLY, Proseries website says "Auto-Renewal" but as you're seeing from these posts, a lot of us are being surprised with this different service - same software and glitches as before plus a new technology fee instead of fixing or addressing the many other existing annoyances - Drake is DOS based so it is more complicated because of that.. but much faster with processing and easier for print/password protect options
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
DOS....awww, I miss the days of DOS   Life was so much simpler back then!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I don't believe that fee is actually "bogus" as it *was* in the fine print when ya' signed up to use it.  It may be obnoxious, and irritating but not bogus.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
That's bogus, dude!  <<<<--- if that's the bogus they meant, yes.

0 Cheers
finetta0911
Level 1
The website did not specify it as a Technology Fee just as "59.90 for RT", having us believe it was the Bank marking it up and not them. It should have read "your bank will charge the same amount and now we want more of a cut as well"
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
and would you still have chosen to use the service?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
So you would have paid the greedy bank $59.90 but are offended that Intuit took a cut of the pie for their programming work?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers