Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm located in Louisiana. Will I be able to set a debit date for federal balance due past May 17th, 2021?

Dennismacy
Level 1

The IRS extended the due date for Louisiana, Texas and Oklahoma to June 15th, 2021.  Currently the software gives me an error when I try and set an automatic debit for a federal balance past May 17th.  I want to know if I should wait for another software update or have my client mail in their payment?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
kgalland
Level 4

I emailed proseries about this a month ago but they wouldn't respond. I dont want to tell clients the software wont work. Are we able to convert and submit without error checking or do we have to wait until after May 17?

PATAX
Level 15

Dennis , I would try to ask the client if he could mail it in and give him the 1040-V with a mailing envelope .... Explain to the client what happened and I would imagine that the client would be reasonable and understand... Just my opinion..

0 Cheers
kgalland
Level 4

Sorry but Proseries won't make this tax season any easier for us. Unfortunately I had already informed clients they had until 6-15 before Proseries finally answered my question. We have extensions from the IRS but they don't really apply to those of us using Proseries software. We have to abide by their deadlines or take the risk of sending things to the IRS by mail. I've started giving clients vouchers or telling them to pay online because I'm already overworked and don't want to tell them my software isn't complying with government extensions.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You can tell them the government is not updating the efiling schema to allow electronic payments and electronic extensions for the June 15 disaster extension. This is the truth.

This particular issue is not Intuit's fault.

Ex-AllStar
kgalland
Level 4

Thanks. Thats good to know and not surprising based on the service we've received this year from the IRS. With all the new provisions they aren't processing amended returns or issuing refunds so its pointless. Seems like all it does is create more work trying to resolve issues.

0 Cheers