Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone arrived at a fee to prepare the 199A adjustment? If so, I would appreciate you giving me an idea.

johnefarrar
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

$1 to $10,000 and everywhere in between.  I think the fee will depend on the amount of time spent on the process, the amount of skill involved, and how greedy the preparer is or isn't. 

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

$1 to $10,000 and everywhere in between.  I think the fee will depend on the amount of time spent on the process, the amount of skill involved, and how greedy the preparer is or isn't. 

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I'm considering adding what I've paid for the CPE classes to the "cost" (my hourly rate X the HOURS of classes I've done) and then dividing it by the number of clients I have who will need the QBID computation.  

I will show that number as an additional line item on my invoices, called "TCJA QBID PITA Fee".

Comments?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Learning is all part of the job.  Do you spread your other CPE costs to the remainder of your clients and label it as a Cost to be Competent PITA Fee ? :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
No...but then I already know *everything* except QBID /s
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers