Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone figure out a new tax prep fee schedule for 2019?

jamestax1040
Level 1

Has anyone figure out a new tax prep fee schedule for 2019?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I don't use a fee schedule...and I've never seen anyone here willing to share their fee schedule.  I'm in a FB group Accounting Firm Influencers (they've got some good stuff), I've seen people in there say that they will be telling their clients to expect a 20% increase in fees this year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I don't use a fee schedule...and I've never seen anyone here willing to share their fee schedule.  I'm in a FB group Accounting Firm Influencers (they've got some good stuff), I've seen people in there say that they will be telling their clients to expect a 20% increase in fees this year.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
20% across the board?  I hope they are preparing returns with some complexities rather than just basic returns.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Lots of big money returns in that group....clients with millions of dollars  WAY out of my client income range.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I just submitted to join....if thats the case @Just Lisa Now! they'll be waaaay out of my clients range as well.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I'm doubling the fees for all of my clients.  I figure half of the clients will leave so I will only have to work half as hard this year and collect the same amount of revenues.  
I should confess that I think about going that route every year, but I still haven't pulled the trigger on it yet :cry:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I hear stories about doing this. Double the fees and maybe 10% leave. By now they know you are worth the money. GO FOR IT!!!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
I like the doubling of fees and only having to work half as hard.
0 Cheers
wjgutcpa
Level 4
We will be tacking a fee for 199A calculation that reads "199A Calculations - resulting in a tax savings of $xxxx.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
How about a fee for "State itemized deductions that IRS did not allow calculations - resulting in a tax savings of $xxxx"?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Lord Happy
Level 5
NATP has a fee study in their members area.  I bump my fees 10% across the board for everyone without much fuss.  After all, my clients can afford to drink one less can of Coke a year.
0 Cheers