Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting a rejection that makes no sense.

Chuckwsr
Level 2

I keep getting a rejection for a Federal and Ohio return that makes no sense. It tells me that Electronic filing for 2019 Federal and Ohio Personal is not yet available and then it refers me to an Intuit support website that my computer keeps telling me that the server is not available.  Is anyone else having this problem?  It also says the returns failed the tax submission return validation step, but there are no errors in the returns.

The server address it refers me to is this one:   http://my.proseries.intuit.com/support/efatlas.efalerts.aspx

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

16 Comments 16
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I saw another post that was getting the same message for Mississippi not being available.

Was there an update recently that may have screwed something up?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Vida5953
Level 1

I am having the same message, system is suppose to be available thru 10/18/20 & there is no one at Pro Series available to talk to & I have a new return to file. 

0 Cheers
Chuckwsr
Level 2

I don't think so.  I ran update yesterday and filed several returns after with no problem.  Only happens today.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I'd try using the REFRESH UPDATES option and see if that does anything for it, just in case that latest update is the culprit.

refresh.png

0 Cheers
Vida5953
Level 1

I did all the updates before filing & it still am getting the rejection

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Using REFRESH will dump any previous updates and download fresh....this comes in handy when a regular update doesnt install properly.

0 Cheers
Vida5953
Level 1

I have done both the regular update & refresh with no improvement!!

0 Cheers
radfordtaxes
Level 2

i am getting that rejection as well over here in Las Vegas. 

Electronic filing for 2019 federal personal is not yet available. For the most current information and e-file ability, please visit the ProSeries EF Atlas at:http://my.proseries.intuit.com/support/rfatlas/efalerts.aspx. Not transmitted. Please make the necessary corrections.

I tried the link and it came up nada.

Please advise.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Bookmark this link:

https://www.marketingexpress.irs.gov/systems-status/system-status-mef/modernized-efile-mef-operation...

Because...

"Production system Extended Maintenance Window

The MeF Production system will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance from 7:00 a.m. Eastern time, October 17, 2020 through 7:00 a.m. Eastern time, October 18, 2020.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
djsamet
Level 1

Does this mean that we cannot submit returns after 10/18? based on one of the notes or replies to this issue. I have the same issue with a MA return. Any ideas how to bypass would be great.

Thank you.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It says the maintenance period should be over by now...if youre still having troubles, it may be taking longer than they had scheduled?

qbteachmt
Level 15

If you check the Status link I provided, you see this posted there:

"Scheduled Maintenance Build: A routine system maintenance build is scheduled every Sunday from 1:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. Eastern."

qbteachmt
Level 15

I think the people who keep asking about Oct 18th or 19th and "the shutdown" are confusing how the word "conversion" is being used. Conversion as part of the e-filing Transmission Process is not the same thing as File Conversion for purposes of which Program you use to prepare tax returns.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2019-data-co...

"Intuit will be performing annual maintenance on the Data Conversion Service in preparation for Tax Year 2020 beginning Oct 19. During this time Tax Data Conversion will be unavailable. Oct 18 is the final date to submit tax data for conversion in ProSeries 2019. After this time, 2018 tax files will no longer be processed, and conversion services will resume when we begin accepting 2019 tax files with the release of 2020 ProSeries. Note: This information does not impact or relate to electronic filing."

It's not semantics. It's Function. It's for Moving client data files between Programs; not Filing with the IRS Fed or State return processing.

qbteachmt
Level 15

@Chuckwsr 

You were sending on the 17th?

Man, I am loving this bookmark:

https://www.efile.com/efile-ohio-income-tax-return-file-oh-state-taxes-forms-refund/

"At this point the 2019 Ohio State Income Tax Return forms for Tax Year 2019 (Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2019) can be e-Filed together with the IRS Income Tax Return until October 15, 2020. If you owe IRS or Ohio taxes and you did file an extension, do not miss this deadline in order to avoid late filing penalties. If you have not filed any of your 2019 tax returns, you can e-File them until Oct. 15, 2020."

0 Cheers
CLELLIOTT
Level 1

I am getting the same rejection error.

0 Cheers
SCtax guy
Level 1

Yes, I get the same message on a RI 1120-S.  The federal 1120-S was accepted.

0 Cheers