Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just efiled a federal return and but the state return in the EF Center still says "Return marked for EF"

VJLhola
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mm1
Level 5

Under the efile tab you select the returns to efile by highlighting them so yes, you have to highlight (click) on the federal line and the state lines for a client. If you just have one client to efile you can do it while you are in the federal return of the client by clicking on "efile" in the top bar and clicking on the returns you want to efile but you still have to check them individually.

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like you didn't transmit the state with it.

MOST OF THE CONTENT POSTED TO THE SITE IS PROVIDED BY REGISTERED THIRD PARTIES NOT AFFILIATED WITH INTUIT. SUCH THIRD-PARTY CONTENT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON ORIGINATING THAT CONTENT. YOU AGREE THAT INTUIT DOES NOT CONTROL, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR THIS THIRD-PARTY CONTENT. ADDITIONALLY, YOU AGREE THAT INTUIT IS NOT LIABLE FOR, AND YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD INTUIT, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, MODERATORS AND EMPLOYEES HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF CONTENT YOU SUBMIT, POST, TRANSMIT OR MAKE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, YOUR USE OF THE SITE, YOUR VIOLATION OF THE TERMS OF USE OR YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY RIGHTS OF ANOTHER.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mm1
Level 5

Did you mark the State to be e-filed on the information worksheet? I had one that did that and I found that the e-file state box was blank even though it was a long-term client transferred from the prior year Proseries. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have this happen from time to time.  Open the return and switch over to the state, then save and exit the return with the state open on the screen...that should reset the column in Homebase and allow you to efile it.

I dont know why this happens, but I see it often.

EDIT  Wait Im thinking of when it says Transferred for EF and its stuck like that, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
VJLhola
Level 2

I just checked and the box is checked to efile. So there are two rows - one for the federal and one for the state - but a single Client name and SSN. Only the federal row says "Return sent to IRS" and has a submission ID. The state just says "Return marked for EF". Do I have to send it separately?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Now you do since you missed it the first time.

Slava Ukraini!
VJLhola
Level 2

So is that normally the process - file a federal and a state separately? I'm coming from Drake and there's just one file that goes - has federal and state combined - one push of a button 🙂

0 Cheers
mm1
Level 5

Under the efile tab you select the returns to efile by highlighting them so yes, you have to highlight (click) on the federal line and the state lines for a client. If you just have one client to efile you can do it while you are in the federal return of the client by clicking on "efile" in the top bar and clicking on the returns you want to efile but you still have to check them individually.

VJLhola
Level 2

Thank you!!!