Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I adjust the 3 up labels to not print off the edge of the label?

victoria
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can't, Intuit doesn't provide any kind of alignment adjustment.  You can try moving the labels over a tad in the printer feed to see if that helps.  You also can try printing them on plain paper and then place them on a photocopier (aligning them on the copier glass over a tad or two) and then copy them on to the labels.  That's the only half baked fixes that I can come up with and I haven't seen anybody else come up with anything more creative.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can't, Intuit doesn't provide any kind of alignment adjustment.  You can try moving the labels over a tad in the printer feed to see if that helps.  You also can try printing them on plain paper and then place them on a photocopier (aligning them on the copier glass over a tad or two) and then copy them on to the labels.  That's the only half baked fixes that I can come up with and I haven't seen anybody else come up with anything more creative.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
every time  i see this question it really irks me.. not from the person asking it.. but because it is not fixed... i have reported this for years, yes years.. i have 900 labels to print.. all the printers i have have a tray and a sheet feed.. i can shrink the middle, say for 1099s but the tray is not "movable".

how long would it take to add a feature to the software, move x # of characters over one way or another.
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
... or better yet, be able to export that data (such as to Microsoft Word), so you can manipulate it any way you want.
0 Cheers
victoria
Level 2
Thanks for the responses.  I'm just as annoyed as you're that this has been an issue for so many years.  I kept thinking that maybe I was missing something somehow, and there was an an adjustment that could be made. Since this seems to be an issue for so many it seems obvious that the formatting is just simply off. Not being able to see the forest for the trees, I was just printing them and then hand writing in whatever was getting cut off on the edge of the label.  I'm now doing the print and then copy method which seems to be working but this is ridiculous that we're still having to make adjustments for this after this many years.  
0 Cheers
nern
Level 1
I have the same problem! Had it for years! What I do is run my labels on plain paper first, open the sheet guide on my printer. Then either hold the stack of labels to the left or put a metal clip on the guide. Try a test sheet of labels and adjust as needed.
0 Cheers
victoria
Level 2
I did end up doing the print copy thing and that worked, but yes I am frustrated by the fact that this has been an issue for way too long.  How hard would it be to fix this issue?!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"How hard would it be to fix this issue?!"

I don't think it would be that hard, but for those of us not having the problem we are a little worried about any potential fix.  It seems that whenever something gets fixed, something else gets broke around here :worried:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
victoria
Level 2
I'm curious what printer you're using that you're not having the issue.  I use a HP LaserJet which seems mainstream enough to not be having this problem.  I also have a HP InkJet printer, which also has the problem.  I've used a Canon Inkjet in the past as well, and also had the problem with it.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Actually, I just temporarily put an old HP LaserJet 3005 back into service and it is working fine.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
What's the counter up to on THIS question?
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Since the question first appeared here years ago - 18,786,123,110

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11
I'm not having the issue and had an Okidata and now have a Brother.  Both printers print the labels fine.
0 Cheers
victoria
Level 2
Is that all?  Seems low
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
sure fire way to have the counter stop.. maybe fix the print option to move the labels over just a wee bit.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
They do tend to break something when they "fix" something else. I cant fathom that.
0 Cheers