Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing client labels - 3 across

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I know it has been asked in prior years but every year still an issue..  when printing on 3 up labels the left portion of the client name and address is too far to the left and prints off of the label.  The printer is an HP LaserJet P2035 and the sheet feed tray and the paper bin fits 8.5" only.. I read other links about printing to plain paper and then using copy machine, moving the paper over.. would it be possible to add a setting in PS to move # of characters.. that would solve this. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mt-Juliet--CPA
Level 3

I print  Mime 3 across with NO Problems

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Mt-Juliet--CPA
Level 3

0 Cheers
debboettcher
Level 2
I have been having the same issue for the last few years.  It's annoying and we should not have to print these on plain paper and then move the paper over  in order to get them to line up on the actual label paper.  Ridiculous and unprofessional.  And with the cost of this software - unacceptable!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
I have talked to tech support and others at intuit trying to get this fixed.  would not think it would be difficult to add a feature to software to move labels over x # of characters.  
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Vote early, vote often -------------------- not that anybody at Intuit really pays much attention to the enhancement requests :frowning:
https://intuit.uservoice.com/forums/31961-proseries-tax-product-suggestions/suggestions/411382-add-l...

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
I voted.. 3 votes up..
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

I would suggest to also try updating your HP Print Driver, ensuring that you are using a PCL5 compliant printer, and on the most updated version.  I have seen outdated versions of printers giving this behavior.

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
Most recent driver is from 2015    HP LaserJet P2035 and P2035n GDI Plug and Play Package 20120627 4.8 MB Jan 15, 2015
0 Cheers
blama0
Level 1

@Mt-Juliet--CPA wrote:

@Mt-Juliet--CPA wrote:

0 Cheers
bamschtax
Level 2

I agree about the label issue.  it has been going on for years, and at the cost of the program, it should be fixed.  There should be an option to set margins for labels.  We should not have to have an additional expense to do a work around to make the labels look professional.  I have been cutting the edge of the sheets to make it work, but that is time consuming also.  Why can't this be fixed?  Is it Intuit or Proseries problem?  They are joint and should work together to get this problems solved.