Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have set up balance payments to IRS but the money has not been withdrawn?

dwmarine
Level 2

I've now had several clients who I have set up payment to IRS and received a confirmation from Proseries that the payment was set up but the IRS has not withdrawal the money.  State money has been withdrawn.  Is anyone else having this problem?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Other folks have mentioned the issue.  But it could be the IRS is just so far backed up that the payments haven't been processed yet.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:  But it could be the IRS is just so far backed up that the payments haven't been processed yet.

Or a horrible glitch within ProSeries  !!    I'm not trusting the software to make the payment with extensions or balance due on return.   Using IRS Direct Pay.   May take more time to enter the payment information but I like that confirmation receipt.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I use the payment system in ProSeries very sparingly.  I prefer letting the client mail a check.  Let them fight with the Post Office and/or the IRS and leave me out of it.

Slava Ukraini!
shf1957
Level 7

YES, I have seen this same thing happen to my clients.  The best advice is, IF possible wait the 10 days afterwards to see if it clears.. and if not they should call 1-888-353-4537.  

PATAX
Level 15

👍 Iron Man... Sound Advice indeed...