Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else seeing delays in their e-filed return acceptances over the past 48 hours?

jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

Until Friday, I could count on a federal return being accepted within several hours of a submission and a state return being accepted within 24 hours.  Beginning with returns filed on Friday, I am seeing delays in acceptance.  Is something going on here?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I have one hanging in purgatory at Intuit since Friday night.  Intuit has done this a time or two this year when they have a bug that they are trying to quarantine until it's fixed.  They hold the returns and then reject them when the software is fixed.  I'm not sure if this is another one of those instances or if there are other problems lurking.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

I have one hanging in purgatory at Intuit since Friday night.  Intuit has done this a time or two this year when they have a bug that they are trying to quarantine until it's fixed.  They hold the returns and then reject them when the software is fixed.  I'm not sure if this is another one of those instances or if there are other problems lurking.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7
Well, I finally got a number of returns rejected, all with the following reason:  "This return cannot be filed at this time due to a processing error that will be corrected with our next product update on March 28, 2019.  On or after March 28, 2019, update your product, open the rejected return, review it for errors, and resubmit the return for electronic filing."

At the same time, a number of other returns were successfully accepted.  Go figure.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
It was pointed out to me today that was an alert issued the other day that said the issue was related to SALT not being calculated correctly on form 8960.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers