Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no entries for Schedule O in Form 990 and but the program won't let me delete it. Help!@

lindabxo12
Level 1
I already run the professional version and am preparing a 990 return.  It won't let me delete the  Supplemental Information Schedule O.
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I had something similar come up with a 990-EZ.. deleted the form and the error went away.. maybe it is some some sort of check box that is either checked or not checked. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I seem to recall Schedule O is required, even if it is blank.

Ex-AllStar
vscpanm
Level 5

Did you get your Schedule O error resolved? I have entries on Sch O, but there is a blank line for which it wants me to enter something. I can't seem to delete the line.

0 Cheers
debbieatcompass
Level 1

Reject on a 990EZ, saying Schedule O input needs a Part and line number.  All entries have this.

Cannot get rid of efile rejections.

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

Sorry i haven't replied. Let me take a look at what i did last  year. It was not anything that difficult, just an oversight on my part. 

0 Cheers
vscpanm
Level 5

OK so what I recall is that you must scroll through all pages beginning with page 2. At the tops of the pages and dispersed throughout are check boxes that ask if you have something that needs reporting on Sch O. If you have that box checked anywhere in Proseries, it will require an entry on Sch O. You might be able to work backwards from the Sch O to figure out where the checkbox is that needs to be unchecked. If not, you must check every reference to Sch O in the return. 

0 Cheers