Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Proseries 2019 pricing???

jbstax
Level 1

I've been a Intuit/Proseries/Turbo tax software user since late 80's. the 2018/2019 season was the worst for the software. I know they had extra challenges with the late tax changes, and I understand. All the techs "thanked" us for our patience and understanding. I looks like Intuit would hold the price increase for 2019 to show how that appreciated their "loyal" customers who didn't jump ship during the storm. How quickly they forget. I'm still undecided which way to jump. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Hopefully if you decide to jump, you aren't standing up on your rooftop at the time. 🙂

In fairness to Intuit, it appears that Intuit wasn't alone in it's struggles during the year.  Other companies had their fair share of customers complaining loudly about issues they encountered during the year.  I know there were some folks that had major struggles with Intuit during the year.  Fortunately, I wasn't one of them and didn't have any major issues hit me.  A couple of inconveniences maybe, but no jumping off the roof type issues.  I'll be back for another year. I look at the increase in next year's cost just a part of doing business.  Nobody likes to see an increase, but such is life when you run your own business.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
17 Comments 17
IRonMaN
Level 15

Hopefully if you decide to jump, you aren't standing up on your rooftop at the time. 🙂

In fairness to Intuit, it appears that Intuit wasn't alone in it's struggles during the year.  Other companies had their fair share of customers complaining loudly about issues they encountered during the year.  I know there were some folks that had major struggles with Intuit during the year.  Fortunately, I wasn't one of them and didn't have any major issues hit me.  A couple of inconveniences maybe, but no jumping off the roof type issues.  I'll be back for another year. I look at the increase in next year's cost just a part of doing business.  Nobody likes to see an increase, but such is life when you run your own business.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
jbstax
Level 1
I understand the "cost of doing business" and have always expected an increase. Just think it would be nice to see a "loyalty" discount. Over the years a lot of the "low"end" price clients have been lost to the free & low cost software Intuit has sold directly competing with tax preparers who are their customers.
You are fortunate to have had inconveniences instead of major issues like some of us did.
IRonMaN
Level 15
Over the years I have seen a number of folks looking for a "loyalty" discount.  My curiosity always gets that best of me when that pops up and I always have to ask if you offer such a discount to your clients.  I never have offered one to my clients so I don't expect one from Intuit.  So far I don't recall anyone ever saying that they offer such a discount to their clients but one of these days someone has got to say that they do.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@IRonMaN we have offered a loyalty discount for years.  It takes less work to do a returning client than a new client.  We also offer a referral bonus to clients who recommend us to a new client.
IRonMaN
Level 15
Congratulations, you win the prize for being the first to say you do offer a loyalty discount.  Your prize (a chocolate ice cream cone) should be arriving shortly. :icecream::icecream:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
While I agree with you @IRonMaN in re: to loyalty discounts. If anything, I would offer discounts to new clients as opposed to returning clients.

I will disagree with another price increase. These past 2 years have been horrible from a software/programming/CS standpoint. If my business ran that way, I would not be in business for too long. I will agree that they had their issues with TCJA for 2019 but they have done NOTHING to address their horrible CS and programming issues. I, like you, have not been bitten hard these past two years and I have no plans on shopping elsewhere BUT....there may come a time if they continue to take steps backwards where my business must come first.

I give a lot of props to you guys and our moderators who give it their all to make this thing run as smooth as they can.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
And btw.....thats a vanilla cone! :laughing::laughing:
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
How about a compromise - French vanilla? :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Lol....French Vanilla it is!!
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
I will accept that French Vanilla cone.  Thanks!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
:+1::+1:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Hillenburg
Level 4
I think the 64bit requirement annoys me more than the price increase.  Will Turbo tax require  64 next year ?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I would venture a guess that the answer would be a "yes".

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Alfredo1967
Level 3
I have been with Pro-Series since 2002. I love this software but they have increased their fee by $500 for the 2019 Basic version. I think I might be looking on to moving with Drake this year.
0 Cheers
bosoka
Level 1
Drake offers what most customers want. Most software are the same or better than proseries. But proseries is not seeing the need and what services customer s want. Even the banks know better. Who ever is giving advice is not seeing the competition out there. Trump already made tax filing easier so what can you do different proseries
Fooki
Level 1

This is not the solution, huh, I am day night working to jump the prices are unaffordable now. The competitors offer very very low prices and features ofcourse.

0 Cheers
me112233
Level 4

Actually, I do have a "loyalty" program.  I typically allow a customer at least 3 years at the initial price charged, even if the return gets more involved over those early years.  After that, increases in price are modest.  With certainty, I have long-term clients who pay half of what a new customer would be asked to pay for the same thing.

0 Cheers