Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a United Nations client...How do I electronically file tax return if their is no ein number?

They do not receive a W2....they receive a Statement of Taxable Earnings...the question is how do i put their taxable earning on Line 1 of 1040 without submitting a EIN or Stae ID# to electronically File? Thanks
0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can input earned income without an income statement using the wages, salaries tips worksheet

wagesworksheet.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

I am using Pro Series...I do not see that sheet in the system..I do have a W-2 Worksheet but not the Wages, Salaries & Tips Worksheet

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

1040/1040SR Worksheet (very top of the forms in use list), click on Line 1a and it takes you right to it.

Thanks Alfonso

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I cant call you, please remove your phone number, his is a public message board and any stranger has access to it.  Try this photo 

tipsworksheet.png

0 Cheers

Also need it to calculate the Self Employment tax...do I enter like a w2?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have no idea how earnings by a UN person is reported, you said they didnt have a W2, so I guided you to the place for reporting earned income without a W2.   

Are they self employed or are they an employee?

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

I suggest a sub-W2. For the EIN client needs to call payroll office. Most states have their EIN on their website.

0 Cheers