Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a self employed client who has coverage but has not received Form 1095 B or C and the return gets rejected. How can I resolve this issue.

vitopulito
Level 2
what form can I use to reflect coverage?
0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If the Federal return is being rejected for a 1095, that means the IRS thinks they had health insurance through the Healthcare Marketplace.  So your client needs to get their 1095-A from the Marketplace and give it to you.

If the taxpayer is under age 26, they could be on their parents' 1095-A and you would need a copy of that.

Camp1040
Level 10

No longer a penalty for not having health insurance. Are you trying to calculate the self employed health ins deduction on Sch. 1.

He will only get a 1095-A if coverage is through the marketplace.

What error?

qbteachmt
Level 15

If the coverage is through the Marketplace, the forms are available from that Marketplace, as well as mailed.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
vitopulito
Level 2

I agree with you. Client has full healthcare coverage with Horizon. I have imputed the coverage on Schedule C and filed the returns at the IRS keeps rejecting the returns.

See message:

Return Rejected 02/10/2023
Code: F8962-070
Form: 0(00) Form Copy:
Line #:
Description: (/efile:Return/efile:ReturnData/efile:IRS1040)
Error Detail:
The e-File database indicates that Form 8962 or a binary attachment with description containing "ACA Explanation" must be present in the return.
Error Resolution:
The IRS internal database indicates that a Form 1095-A should have been or will be received by the taxpayer. The ACA Marketplace providers have until 1/31/23 provide the 1095-A to taxpayers.

In order to electronically file this return, you must either provide information shown on the taxpayer's Form 1095-A, or include a binary attachment with description containing "ACA Explanation".
Status Status Date
Return Received by Intuit 02/10/2023
Status Status Date
Return Transmitted 02/10/2023
Status Status Date
Return Ready to Transmit 02/10/2023

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

The client should log into their account and pull the year end form, if they can't seem to find it as mailed.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers