Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a return that had recovery rebate for a new dependent in 2020. Now Proseries shows the original return has been revised to remove the credit. Why?

mojo
Level 2
The return was filed and accepted by the IRS. ProSeries is now showing the original return revised, after electronically filing, to remove the recovery rebate. The rebate is correct. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you have a resolution?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alanschapire
Level 1

The same thing is happening on several of my returns. It is showing that it should not be included as a refundable credit but even when I create a 1040X and change the Recovery Rebate information it still calculates and includes the proper amount as a refundable credit. I'm hoping ProSeries can clarify that this is a software glitch.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
NU
Level 3

There is a software glitch. Is the credit showing removed from the actual 1040? Is it showing a different result? The glitch was causing returns to say there was a change, when no change had actually been processed. 

0 Cheers
alanschapire
Level 1

The same thing is happening on several of my returns. It is showing that it should not be included as a refundable credit but even when I create a 1040X and change the Recovery Rebate information it still calculates and includes the proper amount as a refundable credit. I'm hoping ProSeries can clarify that this is a software glitch.

mojo
Level 2

Thank you. So much to do in such a short time, last thing we need...

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Here is the announcement:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2020-produce...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers