Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 70 year old client with no children and ProSeries is calculating EIC -I do not think she is eligible What am I missing. I can't override the calculation

GRAY_CPA
Level 2

I have a 70 year old client with no children and ProSeries is calculating EIC -I do not think she is eligible What am I missing. I can't override the calculation

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They made some changes to EITC this year, no age limit is one of them.  May want to brush up on your CEs for 2021.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They made some changes to EITC this year, no age limit is one of them.  May want to brush up on your CEs for 2021.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Looks like the 1922 crowd is now eligible... Some of them have to keep working to support their loser children, and the loser grandchildren... Who knows, maybe loser great-grandchildren too... in many other countries there is basically mandatory retirement at a certain age, and this frees up jobs for younger people ... just my opinion...😉🐕👍

IRonMaN
Level 15

They have mandatory retirement in this country too ----------- it's called death ⚰️

Slava Ukraini!
GRAY_CPA
Level 2

I missed it no excuse however the worksheet still has the age limits in the listing.

HOPE2
Level 8

Minimum age for 2021 is 19 and upper age limit  is removed.

GRAY_CPA
Level 2

Thank you for the short and sweet answer.

0 Cheers
CCASTILLO11
Level 2

I have the reverse issue. Client is 66 and works but proseries is not calculating EIC. but its because he does not claim a child. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

2022 rules are different/back to the old rule.

Ex-AllStar