Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 2 returns that are detecting EIC and I did not check anything that would suggest there are dependents. I tried deleting that particular form but its not bulging.

DRLSERVICESLLC
Level 1

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You can get EITC without any dependents.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Try deleting the dependent information lines in the Federal Information worksheet - see if that makes the ghost EIC dependents go away 

dkh
Level 15

Good answer - I just assumed they knew that and it was a ghost dependent glitch

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Your idea is completely possible as well....the post was a bit light on the details.

DRLSERVICESLLC
Level 1

I have 2 returns that are clear cut. Filing status is single. Only info I put in was there W2 info and the basic info that’s required. When I started the review I received about 9 errors all from form 8867. I went back through the return to ensure I did t check any boxes pertaining to that form. I checked the filing status just to ensure it was single. All checked out but the return is still requiring I fill that particular form out. 

Hope this is enough detail as to the issue im having. This is the first year I’ve used ProSeries software. I used ProConnect last year and didn’t have any of these issues.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Single people with no kids can still qualify for EITC if their income qualifies.

lrhenry04
Level 3

Check IRS Pub 596 for the EIC charts.

There have been changes this year to amounts and age limitations.

Single people with earnings under $15,800 and Married couples with earnings under $21,700 could qualify.

Sometimes our computers know more than us. 

Is there an EIC on the 1040 line 27a?

ljr
Level 8

EIC amounts and ranges have changed for 2021 only. Check their income level.