Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We really cannot e-file a 1040 that includes Form 3800?

GNSCPA
Level 1

I would like to e-file a 1040 that includes Form 3800 for a business credit carryover but Proseries Professional doesn't seem to allow for this.  Is there a workaround???

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
poolcleaner
Level 9

I filed one a few days ago with no problems. Are you using ProSeries Professional or ProSeries Basic?

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
poolcleaner
Level 9

I filed one a few days ago with no problems. Are you using ProSeries Professional or ProSeries Basic?

GNSCPA
Level 1
A little more info - the form includes a carryover for Employee Retention Credit Form 5884-A for hurricane related tax credits and the software does not support this credit carryover when e-filing,
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
Mine also had a carryover but it was for a credit that was allowed by the program.  I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem. It sounds as if filing on paper may be your only solution.
KentSavageLaw
Level 1

I'm getting this same error - can't e-file because there is an amount on 3800 for the ERC from an S Corp K-1.  Did you ever find a work around?

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Just put it on schedule 3 part 1 line 6z

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

Please Add Form 8864 Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel Fuels Credit

Here is the efile Error Message generated in ProSeries:

Your client's federal return is not eligible for electronic filing due to the following reason:  You have an amount on Form 3800, Part III, Line 1l from Form 8864.  ProSeries does not support this information to filed electronically.  

If Intuit ProSeries would add the very simple Form 8864 to the software the return could be e-filed.  We've been asking Intuit to add the Form 8864 for years now to no avail.

0 Cheers