Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ero for SS# XXX is invalid for Illinois efile

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I've noticed after todays update here that I am getting an error message prior to efile for Illinois that "My ERO EFIN is invalid for SS# "XXX" for IL efile". Is anyone in Illinois experiencing same?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
20 Comments 20
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Holy Crap?! I must not have asked the right question! I really appreciate this @George4Tacks. I did go to each return I was efiling and I went to the state return and efiled through there. I am hoping its only those return I have completed and not returns that I prep going forward. If it does, I will rebuild homebase. So many glitches this year. I wonder whats happening on their end thats causing this?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"I wonder whats happening on their end thats causing this?"

They starting paying the programmers in Intuit points (like we get here) instead of actual paychecks.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Wouldn't surprise me, bud.  Scary business!
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
Keep us posted garmen.  I am going to not update IL for the time being.  I don't need IL SA until next week probably anyway.  Sounds like update caused this and I have a couple IL to file.  I will update MN because it appears IRMA has some pull and got their fix in before they got IA problems fixed.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
MN was a 2 minute fix.  They are still trying to figure out how to fix IA.  As a side note, ProSeries is going to offer the IL SA form but it isn’t scheduled to be ready until 2/22.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
I can probably push back the SA people to last week in February.  5 or 6 farmers who held over their 2016 grain crop till 2017 and sold in early 2017.  They have hardly any income in last half of year.  I don't want to fill in off website and then mail them in if I don't have to.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I will keep you up to date Iowa. Hey @IRonMaN, I keep trying to get @IntuitRichard attn but I cant seem to do it. Can you work that magic again for me please?
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
See, your name is highlighted but Richards is not.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
@taxiowa if you have any returns that you prepped prior to Illinois update yesterday and you want to efile them (assuming no sch SA), go to Illinois and resave or do the "EF Now" from Illinois and error should be resolved. Im hoping returns going forward will not be impacted and I can efile as I normally do.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
@IRonMaN can you still do what you do sir and get Richards opinion on this matter? Gracias!!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@IntuitRichard
Like that?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Lol! Yes, sir! I cant seem to do that. I can only do this when he responds on this thread. :smile::smile:
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Rich, do you have a moment for an opinion?
0 Cheers
IntuitRichard
Employee
Employee
I'll research this issue.  Let me see what I can find out.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Thank you sir!
0 Cheers
IntuitRichard
Employee
Employee
@garman22, Couple of questions for you.  Are you on a network installation or stand-alone?  Also, do I understand correctly, that if you went to the state return and then e-filed it, you were successful without the error message?
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
@IntuitRichard Hey Rich....network but I am the only one to efile. My girl just does data entry for me. Yes, after the Illinois update yesterday.....I went to efile a few returns at the end of the night and I received those errors I mentioned. I opened up client and went to Illinois and efiled through there. Once I did that, the efile went through without a hitch. This morning those returns were accepted by Illinois. My concern was/is with all newly prepped returns, will i have this same issue or was it the returns that were prepped prior to update that were impacted? Make sense?
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I also went through all my prior prepped returns and resaved them at the state level.....I have a few I can efile right now. BRB.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I efiled a return with one of the returns I re-saved last night with no issues. Maybe just a glitch with the recent Illinois update? Thoughts?
0 Cheers