Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I efiled a return that was accepted by IRS with no form #8801 attached

Boo-Boo
Level 2

I filed a return and it was changed in transmission or a form was omitted

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
dkh
Level 15

How do you know the 8801 was not attached?   Is it possible the return was changed after efiled? 

File an amended return.    If it was a 2019 return you will be able to efile the amendment in the near future.

0 Cheers
Boo-Boo
Level 2

Return was filed and accepted by IRS  The return was never changed but when I opened return yesterday Pro Series said the return has been changed and asked me if i wanted to display the changes.

too strange since I never opened return until yesterday.

Boo-Boo
Level 2

I am filing an amended return but was really curious as to why it was changed.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have that happen often, I get that message that things have changed....99% of the time, it's all still the same though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Boo-Boo
Level 2

Thanks Lisa

Except this time client received letter of additional tax due because there was no #8801 attached.

Really strange since this form is automaically generated and carryforward from last year and clients copy had it attached to their return.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So if her copy had it included, the tax shown on it was correct?

0 Cheers
Boo-Boo
Level 2

I am thinking it was a scanning issue by IRS or Intuit

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I once had a client get a letter telling him the Sch E was missing from the return when it was clearly included, so it seems like they can have forms that get omitted or maybe corrupted/unreadable during transmission.

fredr
Level 4

I had same exact thing happen this week. Client received bill from IRS for amount on form 8801. I opened return in pro series and a screen popped up showing return had been changed. I called pro series support and would have got a better reply from my 6 year old grandson. I am going to file amended return with a new form 8801 , but the form did go with original return.

0 Cheers