Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I confirm the state withholding id is accurate? Independently verified? We marking blood type and DNA next year?

marni
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

That check box is to indicate the that State EIN that was transferred from the previous year is accurate (the same ID number as the current year State ID).

If the number is transferred, the program makes you check that box.  If you manually enter a number, the check box is not required.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
rbynaker
Level 13
Don't give them any ideas!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Fingerprinting is next!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
Actually I figure e-signatures will be the next "mandatory" requirement.  Of course all of them processed by Equifax for validation. 🙂
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
At least we don't have to enter every single bloody state ein # this year. I will take checking a box over entering a raft of numbers any day.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I am purposely entering the last digit wrong on all of my returns and then checking that box.  I'm hoping to get a life sentence for the crime so I don't have to spend anymore of my time checking silly boxes.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
marni
Level 3
Hey require every state to allow us access or lets force every business to attach an all clear letter issued by the state to every W-2?
marni
Level 3
They will just penalize the crap out of you, so you have to work even longer...for free 😉
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

That check box is to indicate the that State EIN that was transferred from the previous year is accurate (the same ID number as the current year State ID).

If the number is transferred, the program makes you check that box.  If you manually enter a number, the check box is not required.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Mr Bill, I think we all get it, so can't you let us have a little fun with it? :grin::grin:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
I knew you guys got it, but I wasn't sure if Marni knew it or not.

Besides, George needs somebody to put an "answer" to these questions.   :smile:
0 Cheers
marni
Level 3
ADHD = literal and then obsess on it :joy::joy:
0 Cheers