Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant get the forms charges to transfer from last year

Awall1040
Level 2

Since I could not get the forms to transfer I went in and redid all the forms again manually. I did an update to the program this morning and it deleted all my form charges. Proseries could not figure it out. I was unable to get a tech that really understood what was going on. I think they must be short on tech help this year.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
what "forms changes" are you referring to?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Awall1040
Level 2

The per form charges for the bill

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
ohhh per form chaRges, I read chaNges, sorry.

I dont use per form charges so I cant help with this one, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I did the following, successfully... maybe i'm misunderstanding or maybe you're running into something specific to your machine or situation.

- In 2019, Used Tools -> Billing -> Rates Per Form, set Form 1040 Worksheet to 125

- In 2020, Used File -> Transfer -> Transfer Preparer & Billing Info... to import 1040 Paid Preparer, Billing, etc

- Confirmed via Tools -> Billing -> Raters per form that the $125 was transferred

What are you doing / what are you seeing?

0 Cheers
Awall1040
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. I did do that. I also did it with the techs last week and no one could figure out why the form charges would not transfer. Then I manually put all the form charges in myself and with the update this am they all disappeared. Crazy. Cant figure it out. We are on a server with 5 active accountants. I am the admin. Never had anything like this happen.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

On the computer where you attempted the transfer, can you..

- Run ProSeries

- Select Help -> Send Logs

- Email the resulting logs, which were saved to your desktop as a .zip file, to proseries_engineering@intuit.com

I'll take a look - maybe in one of the logs there will be information on why it's not transferring.  

Also by chance you have multiple firms associated with your CAN / license? 

0 Cheers