Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot transfer my business return data from Pro19 to Pro20

nakita__
Level 1

Does anyone have problems of transferring business return data from Pro 19 to Pro 20? I am only able to transfer 1040 files.

And what is your solution?

Thanks advance

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Chicago
Level 1

I had an issue where it appears to have transferred to the Pro20Data folder but they did not show up in the HomeBase view.  Are the transferred clients in the Data folder(Your data computer\pronet\pronet20\20Data)?  If so I was able to get them in the Homebase view by copying them to another location, then deleting them from the Data folder and doing a restore from the copied location back to the data location via File -> Client File Maintenance -> Restore

0 Cheers
mark16
Level 1

I am having the same problem. I transferred the 1040 no problem but when I tried to copy over the 1120S I get an error message "Cannot transfer data file. Forms for this return type not installed".

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like the 1120S package isn't installed yet. 

As a side note, the early bird gets the worm, but the early transferring of Intuit tax files often gets burned.  A number of times over the years, issues have popped up that can be traced back to returns that were transferred early.  So the moral of the story is, don't transfer any files until it gets closer to the time that you are actually going to start using them.

Slava Ukraini!
mark16
Level 1

You were correct the 1120S package wasn't downloaded for the 2020 year. All downloaded now and transfer was successful. Two new business clients neither have filed since 2018. What makes it worse the 1120s that rolls into the 1040 one of the partners died this year. So no signatures from them obviously.

0 Cheers