Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow Your Income in Your Spare Time as Part of a Virtual Tax Expert Network

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Earn extra income by sharing your tax advice and expertise with TurboTax customers, working side-by-side from your location using the TurboTax Live collaborative interface"

This as is what is showing up in the "announcements" on the community page this morning, just in case you missed it.

Sorry Alicia, but I am more likely to start a meth lab in my "spare time" than work for TurdoTax.  For those of us that are trying to make a living preparing tax returns, that almost seems like working in a Ford plant and then moonlighting selling Toyotas in the evenings and on the weekends.  It just doesn't feel right -------------- like blood draining from your freshly slit wrists.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TAXOH
Level 11

I can't stop laughing.  I needed that.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
18 Comments 18
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Could be  good gig for a new preparer, trying to gain more knowledge and make a few bucks....certainly make you appreciate your clients a bit more!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Oh wait, they only want EAs CPAs or Attorneys.....yea, good luck with that.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
There you go ------------- the inexperienced preparer isn't what they are looking for.
As a side note, I wonder how many Intuit folks are working over at Drake in their spare time.  Kinda the same difference.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
"Is that a smile?"
"Oh, I just found you another deduction."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
:+1::+1:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

I can't stop laughing.  I needed that.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
That's what I'm here for :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Thanks for your daily dose of laughter. @IRonMaN  :joy:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
That's what I do in my spare time ----------------- at least during my breaks while I'm building my meth lab.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
I got that in an email a few weeks ago.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Hahaha!! That’s a good one, man!!! 

They certainly are pouring all their resources into TT. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Actually, posting that here kinda rubs me the wrong way.  E-mails are bad enough, but when they start posting that crap here it really makes you wonder how much Intuit really does care about their professional software vs TurdoTax.  With all of the issues that they have going this year, to push their DIYer software here of all places, is just pouring salt into some big gaping wounds.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
I agree. I was surprised to see it here, too.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
That's what you call: Have the cake and eat that too!
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
or hubris

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I can’t fault your logic there. I’ve wondered since 2017’s software if Intuit has pulled most of their resources to TT. It would certainly explain all of PS’ issues these past 2 years (inferior programming, product issues etc...). I believe it stems from Intuit’s decision that under the current administrations tax reform that there will be more DIY’ers in the future and as a result PS and other related pro products will now suffer. That was my theory and one that I thought was far fetched but now wonder?  
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I remember a post from a few years back.  I don't recall who posted it, but the tax preparer more or less asked Intuit to sell their professional software divisions to a company that actually cared about their professional tax preparation customers. They felt Intuit's main focus was on TurdoTax and we had become the ugly stepkids in the Intuit family.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
The IRS has been living on life support and an ever-shrinking budget.  They are increasingly dependent on tax professionals to play their role in managing day-to-day compliance and advisory to taxpayers.  Until the day when all our transactions are tracked and recorded by the Big Brother, not just domestically but on an international scale, (which I doubt would ever happen although I learn to never say never) to automate tax preparation with AI, self-prepared returns are just not up to snuff  no matter how sophisticated these tax software proclaim themselves to be.  Well, not unless the IRS no longer cares about compliance or enforcement.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers