Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to set a master password. If I click on TOOLS and OPTIONS and GENERAL tab there is no MASTER OR PASSWORD TAB to click on ???

mlussier
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
huntsdabibil
Level 2

If you have not got an answer on this already, the password option you are looking for is ONLY available on the admin PC if you are on a network.

From ProSeries documentation:

Open ProSeries.

• If you're on a network, make sure you're on the admin computer.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/access-permissions/setting-primary-client-l...

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

From Homebase, click Tools > Options and then click Passwords

password.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Yea Lisa!

i stopped using the master password when Intuit went to the SSO and multi-factor authentication. I use the individual account passwords for specific accounts that I don’t want my staff to access. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Skylane wrote:

Yea Lisa!

i stopped using the master password when Intuit went to the SSO and multi-factor authentication. I use the individual account passwords for specific accounts that I don’t want my staff to access. 

Ive never used a Master password, Im the only person that uses the program in my office and I already have sooooo many passwords to keep track of, makes me crazy!   🙂

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jeanmarc
Level 4

What does the Master Password do? Will it affect other users?

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

How can you have 'individual account' passwords w/o having a master password?

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
fred flintstone
Level 3

No one answered her question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Cheers
fred flintstone
Level 3

This was not available for her.  OR me.  Answer the asked question!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Cheers
frank1
Level 3

Same here.  I see where I can enter a password for a 1040 when it is open, under 'tools/add change client password'.  So, I enter password there and save the file, but it doesn't work.  So, it appears I need to 1st setup master password.  But, in homebase view, I do not see a password option under tools/options.  

0 Cheers
huntsdabibil
Level 2

If you have not got an answer on this already, the password option you are looking for is ONLY available on the admin PC if you are on a network.

From ProSeries documentation:

Open ProSeries.

• If you're on a network, make sure you're on the admin computer.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/access-permissions/setting-primary-client-l...