Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to do a 1040X for energy credit not claimed on original return. Each time I submit it rejects saying Column C need to be filled in.

rmdukat
Level 3

1040X keeps rejecting.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Column C is the Corrected Column, right?  So your Lines 6-10 should look something like this, if your 5695 credit is 7800.

56951040x.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
rmdukat
Level 3

That's how I entered the credit, just like your example and I just checked now and it is still rejecting.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
weird, I wonder if its wants all the columns on top filled in as well....or if IRS just has a processing glitch.

If you print the full rejection report, does it give any additional information?

0 Cheers
rmdukat
Level 3

it keeps referring to column c numbers. After 6 unsuccessful attempts I printed and mailed to client. It shouldn't be this difficult, but it appears that way. I am experiencing the same problem for a client who forgot to take the American opportunity credit. The reject says the same thing. I had called intuit and was on hold for over an  hour, the agent showed me how to bypass the error checking, but that didn't work either. So frustrating when the technology is there but lots of glitches.

Thanks for your help

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I had one of these last year but it was before Eifling amendments was available, glad I didnt hang onto it for 5 months to Efile, only to find that it couldnt be!

0 Cheers